Friday, February 15, 2008

Duct Tape Texture Alteration


Whilst mentally idling in my class today, I tripped over a revolutionary idea! Duct tape's surface can be altered with sandpaper to give our projects a highly unique appearance and twist. Instead of always having a shiny, high reflective surface, we can give key areas of our projects dull appearance. This will greatly aid our projects with accents and shading enhancements.

As seen in the picture above, the surface can easily be altered with a small piece of 220 grit sandpaper. The result is astonishing and simple! So, keep an eye out, this technique will be utilized in our future projects!

1 comment:

Rosilie said...

WOW! I have not realized beauty can be made from this duct tape! I only see it as a packing tape!

I have linked you to my http://teeachertechiesays.com! Hope you can link my site too.see you around!
tc.